I know everyone raves about cleanses, the longest I have gone is 3 days with no food. My good friend and mentor Casey Combden has been raving about this particular one for the past months. He lost like 20LBS from it and you could tell.
Because I come from a network marketing background I have seen just about every health and wellness product from magic wands to rubber band bracelets that regulate your electro-magnetic-spectrum. Needless to say, there is a lot of bullshit out there. So I thought I put this one to the test.
Knowing that I was doing a big month-long transformation coming in to the new year, I figured why not? However, I didn’t know that I was signing up for not eating the whole time and for an active guy like me, you can’t workout and train MMA on purely supplements and green juice so when I found out exactly what was expected, I knew this one was going to be difficult.
Of course, just like every other diet thing that’s being advertised, I did before and after photos and took serious measurements as to make sure of exactly what was going to take effect with my body. I went in to this being a non-believer making only the commitment that I would stick to the plan, track my results and give fair feedback.
So, here are my before’s and my day one specs.
Day 1 (12/9/13)
Day 10 (12/19/13)
My goals in doing this was simply to see how much I would benefit from it all around. I don’t really need to lose a lot of weight and I eat pretty clean as it is, so I wanted to see what a cleanse could do for a guy who is pretty fit and eats well. Next is my daily journals.
Day 1: Pigged-out yesterday eating candy and bad food because I know it’s all over today. Felt extremely hungry by thing end of the day following my 1.5 hours of MMA training at the club. Met all goals on meals and supplements. Don’t feel anything yet.
Day 2: Woke up with a massive headache 🙁 Felt dehydrated which was weird because I have been drinking water like CRAZY! Got really hungry today, and after I worked out for 1 hour in the gym doing light cardio and heavy-bag I got a migraine. This cleanse is killing me, I hope this is all part of the process.
Day 3: After consulting my Purium rep, I learned that I wasn’t supposed to be working out really at all. Probably should have put that together. If you are burning 4500 Calories in a day and taking in less than 1000, it’s not a fat burning mega session, it’s a body shock and you get sick, just like I did. So after this I ate some veggies and nuts on top of my allowed flex foods to balance me out. Felt better by the end of the day.
Day 4: Spent most of the day at home in front of the computer doing admin work for my new job project I took on, thus not much movement = no excess burning of calories and I didn’t feel hungry or sick. Good day.
Day 5: We had the 5th annual ugly sweater party at our house and I totally cheated and ate some real food that was definitely not on the plan 🙁 Today I get a C, and not an F only because I cheated at night and stuck to the plan the whole day.
Day 6: Feeling guilty about my slip I went to the gym and did a light workout, felt very weak and tired. The amount of Aminos I am taking should prevent any loss of muscle, but I’ll be the judge of that on day 11/12 when I eat a full meal, get a good nights sleep and go spar at the MMA gym. That’s the quickest way to find out how much stronger, or how much endurance was gained in any diet/exercise program to me.
Day 7: I really miss food. I’m used to not really eating by now. All food is to me is fuel. I’m not working out for the rest of the cleanse and am going to stick as close to the suggested regiment as possible to maximize the end result. I felt a little bit of my energy come back and I am literally pooping green! Yuck, but in this case, green means healthy.
Day 8: Felt good today, no hunger, no real loss of energy, I think my body has finally adjusted. I do however miss working out and being active. I would have been really upset if I missed the surf today because of this cleanse, but work kept me from doing that which was cool because I closed my first deal at the new job today and it was my first day 🙂 NICE. (That’s the pocketbook part of my transformation, Ill be blogging about that over the next week or so).
Day 9: God I want this to be over! Actually today wasn’t that bad. With my new job and in a stressful environment, it’s easy to forget to eat, this actually worked in my favor today and I closed another deal! MONEY$$$ So yea, It’s all down hill from here. I am already planning what kind of meal I am going to have the day after tomorrow and it will be glorious. I can’t wait, felling great today, high energy, high spirits.
Day 10: So stoked that this is almost over, don’t even know what I am going to eat, I’ve been thinking about it all day. I’m in the clear feeling great, energy and high on life from the accomplishment.
Overall I thought the cleanse was good, however I will suggest that if you are very active and in descent shape already, this might be more than you need. If you do want to go the 10 days, I would suggest supplementing more food in there so you can continue your workouts.
If you just want to lose weight, this cleanse is Ideal, I lost about 1 lb per day which is pretty amazing! So if you are a person that needs to cut 20+ LBS, this deal is the ticket for you.
I went to the gym tonight and did my normal work out which is a mix between plyometrics, cross-fit and heavy bay training with boxing gloves (KRAV MAGA Style). I felt weaker in my punching and kicking and more easily fatigued than normal. I think I can be back to normal in a week. The good news is that my body and digestive system is SUPER clean, and my metabolism is running fast. All I have to do now is stick to a clean meal plan (with one cheat day a week of course), some light lifting and endurance training and Ill have 6 pack in 30 days!!!!
All in all, I’m a believer. I will say this last thing though. My mom is a registered dietitian in practice for almost 40 years. She puts it very simply. “If you want to lose weight, take in fewer calories than you’re using on a daily basis.” I always loved that because in essence you could eat cake every day and as long as your willing to bust your ass in the gym for 2 hours after, eat all the cake you want 😉 , everything in moderation right. It’s all about balance, find something that works well for you, stick to it, and track results to see if what you are doing is actually working.
For information on this cleanse and how you can get it for yourself, please email me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll hook you up!!!!
Ok friends, we have a lot to cover here. I promised you all a blog about social media and so here it is.
Facebook is an incredible anomaly for my generation. Through the use of the Internet Facebook has literally changed the way in which the world communicates. Some people may or may not know this but Facebook and it’s ability to allow people to communicate quickly an uninhibitedly has been an integral part of successful revolutions in 3rd world countries. It has allowed people to organize, trade and share ideas and basically made the world smaller and more accessible to hundreds of millions of people all over the world.
Personally, I love it, and I spend a probably an hour or two per day on it. It is how I stay connected with the friends I have met all over the world. It is a place where I can introduce new ideas to my network for validated learning and feedback. It is an experience where I can share about my life with the world and make real connections with real people. Not to mention it is the best way to “vet” a new person that you are dating or to find out a little bit more about that new business acquaintance you are thinking about getting in to business with. Bottom line, it is how the world communicates. 500 million active members, 50 percent of whom login each day. The average user creates 90 pieces of content each month, and the average user is connected to 80 community pages.
So what happens when it back fires???
In the last week I have been hypercritical of Facebook posts coming through my news feed. I was watching very closely to see how much of the content was negative bullshit where people were just complaining about non-sense. Sometimes I wish more kids from Cambodia or South Sudan would post about the problems they deal with on a daily basis because that would put it all in perspective. This video conveys it well.
Do us all a favor, and start updating your status with positive and uplifting things not to be confused with ridiculous self-affirmations to the world (aka Facebook). Affirmations only work when they are backed up with real action.
I mean for this post to be a reality check on what is really important. Just think to yourself, if you didn’t have Facebook, would you really go in front of a room full of people who are your friends or that you are acquainted with and say something like “Do you remember when there was only 1 Angry Birds game? I feel like a hoarder with the sheer number of these games sitting un-played on my phone lately.”
Well, no I don’t remember, because I thought angry birds was a game that little kids played on their parents phones, but thanks for that insightful and profound contribution.
Look, if you don’t know what to say, you could always find someone well-known like Albert Einstein or Tony Robbins and just quote them. I Guarantee you will get more likes than if you write some bullshit about what happened on American Idol last night, and the people looking at your wall might even get a little smarter, more enlightened or maybe they will even start following you because you are posting good content.
Now about Spam
I have worked in the Multi-Level Marketing space for about 6 years now and nothing, and I mean nothing screams that you are an Amateur MLM 1st timer by posting something like this on your Facebook or linked in page:
“I just got involved in a multi-million dollar international company that’s rapidly expanding and looking for motivated people to fill positions of this ground floor opportunity. If your interested, please private message me.”
NO! NO! NO! Just stop your whole life. If who ever brought you in to the business told you to do this, run away from that person because you will NEVER make an income in our industry with bullshit pick-up lines like the one above.
This is about as lame as saying something like “Are you tired, because you have been running through my mind all day “ trying to pick up on a girl who you met at Starbucks. It’s embarrassing, misleading, and it gives our industry a bad name, not to mention, it DOES NOT WORK.
You would be better off standing on a street corner flipping a sign that read “Join My Pyramid Scheme, Positions at the top available, call 555-5555 to find out more.”
Look if no one has taught you anything about prospecting, Facebook should never be the main source of new prospects or lead generation and posting scammy posts on your wall will make you lose friends quicker than Sarah Palin lost the 2008 election. Keep it real, and keep it classy.
I have always thought of my Facebook page to be a virtual representation of myself. What I mean by this is that instead of trying to make myself look better on Facebook, I try to do better in real life and then post my results on Facebook. When people see the results that I am having as a result of what I am doing in my life it begs the question of “WHAT ARE YOU DOING????” When a person asks you something like this specifically, than you now officially have permission to talk business with them.
People have always joined my network marketing business because of me. At the end of the day, if the person does not like me or trust me, than they will never get in to business with me. No one likes to be sold! No one likes to feel pressured! People like to feel special and treated with respect, and if I am just throwing nets out in the general public to try to convert a couple of cold leads, you are in for a very hard road in an MLM or any direct selling or marketing career. Instead, trying going for quality not quantity. Think about what got you in to the industry, did you feel like a number, or like someone actually took and interest in you and gave you the time of day to build a friendship/business relationship with you before they ever spoke about the business.
Here is a short little video of MLM legend Tim Sales explaining this subject
Now that you understand that (hopefully), what did you take away? I hope what you took away is that there is no such thing as a cold lead, or prospect that will ever follow you or join anything that you do just because you simply made it know that you do it. You must engage that person, find out what he or she likes or dislikes and warm them up to the idea before you can even get in to talking about any kind of business. This formula is true in any kind of sales or customer acquisition business. When you post linear scammy business posts on Facebook, you forget that everyone who is seeing it knows you, and if they know you as Johnny the kid who delivers pizzas and makes 35K a year, they will find it comical that you are talking about making a 100K + income.
You would have been better off telling the truth. Maybe something like this….
“I hate delivering pizzas and making 30K per year so I went out looking for something better and met _______________(a successful person) who makes way more than I do and seems to have all the time freedom in the world to do what ever he/she wants to do. I am going to a meeting this week to learn more, anyone interested in going with me???”
And the truth shall set you free.
I hope this was helpful, now go out there and apply some of the things you have learned here, and if you see someone posting some ridiculousness on Facebook, please do us all a favor, share the link of this blog post, and send them to school.
See you at the TOP!!
One of my favorite books of all time is “How to win friends and influence people” by Dale Carnegie. Today, I am going to break this down for you Steve Wolf style and add my own little Part to the series, we will call it Part 5) “How to crush the competition and kick ass at life!”
You could go out and read the entire book, but I promise you what you are about to read is way more fun then the book that was written in 1936. But when you are done reading the blog, if you still want to buy it, I’ll post an amazon link at the bottom.
Ok, now were we go, my little summary + Some!
Part 1) Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
1. Don’t criticize, complain, or come off being a whiney little B^%$* No one likes that
2. Give honest an honest and sincere appreciation to the person, and even if you think what they are talking about is total bullshit, try to find the best part of it and work with that.
3. Make the other person WANT to get to know you better. (Hint*** This is done by being interesting, if you are not interesting, get to doing some interesting stuff with your life so you have something to talk about. Just don’t be boring because no one want to hang out with boring people.)
Part 2) 6 Ways to make people like you
1. Genuinely be interested and give a shit about what people tell you!
2. Smile, and not in a weird creeper way
3. Remember the person’s name. Hint*** Say it to yourself 6 times and then bring it up 3 more times in the immediate conversation and you will never forget it. It works for me 99% of the time. For example “So Doug, that’s an interesting name, why did your folks name you that, was it after some one famous???”
4. Listen for god sakes!!!!! Let a person just talk about themselves, they will tell you everything that you need to know to get them to do what you want them to. If you give them long enough, they will tell you their dreams, goals, ambitions etc.
5. When the other person brings up what their interested in, find common ground and ask them questions about that. For Example “Oh you skydive? Me to!! How many jumps do you have and what got you in to the sport?
6. Make the other person feel important, and do it sincerely. This is the most important, if you master this, you can almost skip steps 1-5
Part 3) Win People to your way of thinking
1. Avoid argumentation at all costs. Probably helps if you don’t mention Religion, or Politics, Sex is ok sometimes given the right circumstances.
2. Respect others opinions and viewpoints even if they are absolutely ridiculous. Do you want to be right, or do you want to win?
3. When wrong, admit it quickly and apologize.
4. Get the other person to keep saying “yes” and them let them keep talking and thinking that the came to the conclusion or idea of the conversation themselves.
5. Put yourself in their shoes, and see the world as they do!
6. Throw down a challenge.
Part 4) Be a Leader: How to Change people without offending them or arousing resentment.
1. Begin with Praise and Humility all the time. Remember where you came from!
2. When calling attention to others mistakes, do it indirectly, and talk about your own mistakes that you have made before you go it to their shortcomings.
3. Ask questions instead of giving orders as to get buy-in from the person or people.
4. Always let the person save face and praise them for even the slightest improvement. DO NOT bullshit this either, they will know, do it genuinely or not at all.
5. Give the other person a solid reputation to live up to. Use encouragement and make all faults seem easy to correct.
6. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Part 5) — My Part — How to Crush the Competition and kick ass at life.
Quick note if I may… What I am about to share with you is from my own personal experience meaning that I have done these things myself and live by them. I would never tell you or suggest anything to you that I have not done time and again mastering the skill!
1. Study your competition / enemy.
2.Live as they do, model them
3. Find weakness’ and take notes
4. Plan the attack carefully and collectively and set aside any emotion, pain, or fear associated with the task at hand.
6. Fight till you die, and if you’re not willing to die for it,(or see it through to the end) it’s not important to you and should go back to playing video games because you’re not ready to play in the big boy’s game and you’ll get hurt or worse.
Note*** When you get to the point in your life where your own “self competition” in your head is greater than any real competition in the physical world, you are truly unstoppable. If you’re not there yet follow the steps above until you are.
Now on kicking ass at life, here is 10 awesome ways.
1.Never give up
2. Always finish what you start.
3. If you want to be the best, then you have to work harder than whom ever is the best currently. Meaning if the “best” trains 3 hours a day, I need to go 3 hours and 1 minute.
4. Never walk away from a situation feeling like you should have said or done something but were too afraid to speak up. The emotional pain lasts way longer than the physical pain that might ensue in a situation like that.
5. All you have is today. Fuck the past, it’s not who you are, and fuck the future because it hasn’t happened yet. BE HERE NOW, this is the ONLY day you have.
6. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. What almost kills you makes humble, and what kills you, kills you, so don’t get killed.
7. Sometimes in life you have to eat a shit sandwich, so if you do, eat it fast and have a good attitude about it.
8. 99.9% of the time you can be right or you can be happy. So choose wisely, and remember that 0.01% odds are really shitty!
9. Choose your battles very wisely.
10. Eat well everyday, Sleep at least 6 hours per night, have sex 2-4 times per week and tell your friends and your family that you love them and appreciate them at every chance you get
Now go out there and apply some of this information that you have learned. This shit works for me and I want it to work for you, in fact I want you to come up with better stuff so I can log on to your blog one day and read about how something I wrote motivated you to do something different and great, and then you took it a step further, innovated on something I wrote, did, or said and made it better. It’s 2013 ladies and gentlemen and the world is not going to slow down. It will only get faster, and the more you feel left behind, the worse off you are. So get up, dust yourself off, and get back in the fight because we have a revolution to start.
I challenge anyone to apply these principles for the next 7 days. Record a 1-3 minute video of how utilizing these steps helped you, and I will feature you on my blog and I will give you a $25 -$100!
Here are the submission Requirements:
1. Upload the Video to You and link it to This blog post. (http://stevenewolf.com/?p=679)
2. Include my name and your name in your video and what steps you utilized in a specific situation to help you
3. Send me an email with the link to your Youtube video. email to email@example.com (Make sure to also send me your Pay pal email SO I CAN PAY YOU!)
4. I will pay you $25-$100 based on the creativity, story, and hits on your youtube. Any video that has over 300 hits before July 10th 2013 will automatically get the $100
5. I will pay out unlimited money for all good content. There will be no limit to submissions. So keep em coming.
I’d tell you good luck, but I don’t believe in luck, so go do it and get PAID SON!
If your interested in training on these things and joining forces with me on the application of these steps in your daily life as well please contact me through my blog and lets see what we can do together.
If you want more in-depth information like this, stay tuned for the podcast that will be starting in a couple of weeks or go check out my latest book “The Young Entrepreneurs Guide to Life” which can be found in the “Store” section of my website.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I am looking forward to hearing your stories!!!!
and if your still interested in reading HTWF&IP Here is the Book Link if your still interested